View post (The Old Folks' Beginners Thread)

View thread

Joe105
Joe105
12/10/2019 10:01 am

I am 75 now. I started with Guitar Tricks in Feb,2017.

I got through Fundementals 1 and half way through 2. I was then unable to continue due to personal issues.

Those issues have now been resolved. I purchased a used Gibson Les Paul Studio in very good condition and a Bugera Vintage V22 Infinium amp. This is a valve amp.

Last month I started up my subscriptions to Guitar Tricks once again. I quickly ran through Fundementals to refresh myself and, with the aid of the great Lisa finished Fundementals 2.

I have now moved on to the Blues Style Level 1 with Anders Mouridsen. I like him a lot and I think he is a great teacher.

I love the blues and to be able to play it will be soooo good.

I'm about half way through Chapter One now. Progress is slow but steady and I'm quite happy.

The guitar nut needs replacing on my Les Paul. I've ordered a Graphtech Tusk XL and will be installing it myself and carry out a new set up. I already have a fair bit of experience with this that I have aquired over the years. The secret is to go very slow, especially when doing the nut. So it will make a nice diversion and give me a little break from practicing which I tend to overdo if I don't watch myself ;)

I'm hoping The Great Spirit will give me enough time to gain some proficiency in playing, however, it is as it is and I shall enjoy the time i have got and be happy and content.

Kind regards to you all,

Joe