What!!?? Buddy Guy again!!!?

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
03/03/2019 4:20 pm

Yep! Me again with my broken record request! You do have a definite connection to Buddy, Tom ....and I know I've addressed this before and it's all up to 'the powers that be' and all but there's so much great material and ideas in your first foray into B.G.!! The further I dig into all segments of this great lesson the more I grasp and anyone reading this thread owes it to him or herself to check out the course and see what I mean!! It's killer on the hand/fingers with stretches and big bends but now that I've grasped many of the techniques and concepts (like pedaling off the high A note on the first string)......I want to know more! Like how Buddy does more chord hits to keep the rhythm going as the sole guitarist and then even more aggressive elements that translates into making us better guitarists. Also.......your neat advice and encouragement. All G.T. instructors excel at the peripheral but no one shines more that you, Christopher, Mike and David along with Anders (sounds a little like a 1960s era rock band (Dave, Dee, Dozy, Mitch & Tich) but telling us not to get frustrated or how to apply concepts into our own playing and have fun is nearly as important as the material itself!! You obviously did your homework into this great artist, you too probably wouldn't mind delving even deeper yourself!! Thanks!! Jim C.

# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/04/2019 10:44 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the props on the Buddy Guy lesson! I'm glad you got so much out of the study, I did too :)

I would be more than happy to do another B.G. study and will pass along your suggestion to Guitar Tricks H.Q. and we'll see. In the mean time, keep it up!!

Cheers, Tom~

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.