Still remarkable after more than 50 years, Tom!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
02/15/2018 4:50 pm

How much the two solo sections of Eric Clapton on "Crossroads" still holds up as the gold standard for guitarists wannabe great solosists is remarkable!! You've masterfully broken these down into bite sized chunks as I've pointed out before but the time and patience it takes to absorb both sections of this great solo down to second nature is definitely vital to anyone who cares to truly shine soloing on electric guitar! It really is almost like Eric decided to completely just shoot his entire wad (we all know so much better today after 50 years of Clapton reinventing himself over and over again).....it's definitely a bunch of patience and love for guitar soloing but in the end so worthwhile!! If one can learn to easily nail this one, then tackling almost everything else becomes nearly a breeze....there truly is just that much greatness and beyond basics to everyone needing super insight and direction. Tom Finch is a super miracle weaver and I can tell spent untold hundreds of hours of practice time and breakdown to deliver this jewel of a course to us all!! Super job and super tool for us all to have in our toolbox arsenal!! Jim C.

# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/19/2018 8:18 pm

Yes, I couldn't agree more Jim!

The solos in this song could be titled "Everything you ever wanted to know about blues/rock guitar solos". Truely timeless stuff, and yes, it takes quite a while to be able to deliver this stuff at full speed and with taste! Keep up the good work/play! :-D

Cheers, Tom

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.