Muddy Waters Lesson

stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
09/17/2017 6:59 am

Love this lesson, but i have a question i hope you can help me with. Let me begin by saying i'm probably somewhere in the intermediate class skill level. The intro was fairly easy for me as is the first verse and i know you said that note for note may not be that important. So i guess my question is this, Should i just try to learn note for note or not try to be exact in the learning phase and just relax and roll with it on the other end whether correct or not. I'm just afraid that if i do'nt learn it correctly that i'll get to far to at the end. I guess what i'm saying is if i'm not trying to play it note for note then what would be my main take away from each section to keep it close at the end. So much of the song is reccuring that it gets little confusing and seems to create a lots of ''wiggle room'' in the process GREAT WORK though... Thanks TOM!!

# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/27/2017 5:32 am

Hi Steve,

I would say learn it as accurately as you can, but don't worry if you find yourself playing slight variations. The piece is very repetive and is improvisatory in style. I doubt that Muddy ever played exactly the same way twice.

Good luck, Tom :)

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.