More Buddy Guy please, Tom!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
05/01/2017 10:28 pm

You've got this great guitarist Mr. Buddy Guy down to near perfection, Tom...........as I've already written before!! The coolest thing is.......once I'd gotten this one lesson down into relatively good retention (that's another subject but........a couple dozen times through this one main solo and it's starting to actually sink in!!) I've found myself geting more and more creative and adding in some of my own similar themed licks!! That one V to IV chord turn around lick is absolute killer!! I really feel this material is vital to advancing beyond intermediate and connecting this along with Christopher Sclegel's equally compelling ideas really get my guitaristic juices flowing!! You both have rapidly become two of my favorite instructors because it's so obvious you both really care that we A) Learn some great material and B) have it really sink in and explained well!! My appreciation for Buddy Guy has also zoomed up a bunch of degrees!! Love all of this!! Jim C.

# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2017 8:11 am

That's great to hear Jim! I'm so glad that you are getting so much out the Buddy Guy study. I very much enjoyed the study myslef and I agree, these are some classic and critical components to taking your blues playig to the next leve!

Keep it up! Tom :)

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.