View post (Your progress?)

View thread

phillybeatle
phillybeatle
11/04/2012 1:35 pm
I'm thrilled with MY progress. I have joined two other sites as well as guitar tricks. I think GT is the best however I am learning from all three. My repertoire of songs is growing and the my technique is making leaps and bounds. Example the palm muting technique in Rebel Yell challenging and improving my skill. Plus I am playing everything at the desired tempo as per the metronome. It's not easy however that's how you improve. I have the finger picking pattern down to Dust in the Wind at 160, once I get to 188 I can do the song. If I can get it to 160 I can get it to 188. I am working hard at practicing scales with the metronome . I can do a chromatic scale at 110-115 I even peak to 120 but can't maintain it yet. I have a major scale pattern up to 95 and a pentatonic scale pattern at about the same. I try to master one or two patterns a month ( starting this October). 95 is short of my goal of 120 but it is the light at the end of the tunnel. Lastly, I am at the point where I can learn the rhythms of my desired songs at one sitting ( most of them).