View post (tuning)

View thread

firewalkerb4
firewalkerb4
02/22/2012 8:33 am
I had posted on here earlier; I was having somewhat of the same issue. I took my guitar to a music store where they lowered the bridge and replaced the strings with Martin strings. My guitar was just under 200.00. The cost was under 20.00 and made a world of different in the performance of the guitar. The F major was killing me, trying to get it for a week. After the above adjustments were done; making it a lot easier. I still can’t just roll with F Major, but can play with some concentration.
I also had a problem with the tuning, using a Shark Electric Tuner. The tuner would show that the strings were on the money, but when I strummed them you could tell that they were not right. That’s when I got to thinking, a guitar has 7 Major notes right A,B,C,D,E,F,& G, how many times can I produce a E on string 1. Well I found out that you can tune the 1st string to play 3 different levels of E, the same applies to the other 5 strings and their respective note. This is what happened with me, I’m a beginner so I’m struggling with learning, but having fun. My wife has showed me some new faces I had not seen before, you would think after 28 years of marriage proceeded by 2 years of dating I would have seen them all by now. “Wrong” Just kidding. I hope this helps,
Mike