Takin care of biz

Brett Ortiz
Full Access
Brett Ortiz
Full Access
01/23/2012 10:32 pm
Hi Tom,
I have am working on the lead licks and solos for this song. I have played rythmn on it for a couple years and so have a good feel for it. I'm not sure that I can get everything in solos two and three and have it up to speed without my fingers fumbling. I really want to make it sound good. It seems that the double stops and bends and reverse bends are most important, and I really love adding the major third.

Can you please give me a suggestion as to what I can drop and still feel good about myself? I was thinking that I will practice by pieces and if something just isn't happening, leave space there and pick up the next beat.

Your lessons are amazing. I play in a band and you are really helping me to come in prepared. Thank you.
-Brett
# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/14/2012 2:08 am
Hi Brett, sorry for taking a while to respond! My best advice is to keep working on the solos piece by piece. The bends and double stops will keep getting easier. The better you know the solos the easier it will be to keep going if you fumble or make a mistake. It just takes time and practice, keep it up! I am so glad you enjoy my lessons... feel free to ask any other questions!

Rock on, Tom~
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.