Travel Guitar?

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/15/2011 2:23 pm
Was wondering if anyone has any play time with any of these Travel Guitars ?
They look like they'd be pretty cool.

Seriously thinking about purchasing one for those biz trips, plus would be nice to just keep it at work for some lunch time jamming.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
Bruce J
Bruce J
09/16/2011 7:00 pm
I've got one and love it. I take it on overseas business trips when I know I'll have a little extra time or a weekend. It also helps me kill a few hours on the plane by playing on the long transatlantic or pacific flights.

I usually plug it into my iPod and then play along with tunes. Sometimes just practice scales, etc.
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/20/2011 2:57 am
Right on... I've got my eye on the speedster.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
02/26/2023 10:19 pm

I have used a speedster guitar for years.  It is a little cumbersom since it does not have a full sized body.  This takes a little getting used to.  I also am not impressed with the tuners.  They have to much slop.  I would suggest you actually try one out before you buy to see how this odd instrument fits your playing style.  I use a strap and stand when I play and I think that helps.

However, if you can make these adjustment to an odd shaped instrument... it can be great!  When disassembled and carried in its gig bag, it is easy to move through crowds without problems.   It is a go anywhere insturment, that has a full sized neck.  It can't be beat for a guitar you can take anywhere.  Using headphones is also a great feature when traveling.  In a small motel room, you can be blitering paint in your room and the people in the next unit will not hear you.  I also love it for airport amusment between flights.  I find a gate that has no flight scheduled in the near future, I get out my speedseter, and I am off into another world.  It really takes the sting out of making conections.  

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.