Some Problems

Saad Khalid
Saad Khalid
12/06/2001 4:04 pm
Hello,

When I mailed first time I knew nothing, even not the names of strings. Thanks to all people here who told me to consult somebody.

Now,during playing, I have a problem of buzzing of strings; I tried to finish it but couldn't stop it. And when I play one string, other stops vibrating (e.g. if I play C, D will stop). Is there any solution please?

Also there is problem in changing chords. Do you think it's only due to time factor? Will the practice cover it?

I shall be thankful if someone provides me useful major or minor chords or tell me from where I can find them? Also I don't understand the number language. The guy who told me basic guitar things, just made points representing fingers. Due to this thing, I also don't understand the tuning thing. So please help me in this thing also.

Thank you,
Saad Khalid
# 1
zeb985
zeb985
12/06/2001 6:57 pm
I had the same problem when I first started out. The strings would make buzz noises and not all of the strings would ring out right. dont worry though This cures up with time. There are many reasons why you could be encountering these problems. The buzzing noise could be caused by a couple different factors such as--1)You have not built up enough hand strength yet.Make sure string size is .09 this requires a little less strength to hold down so if you dont have this size I recommend you get them.---2) Your not putting your fingers directly behind the fret bar---and 3) (this was my biggest problem out of um all) hesitation. If you hesitate when you move between frets its bound to throw your placement off and your timeing off. So make sure you stay at a pace in which you can do it right and then pick up a little speed at a time as long as you can maintain doing it right. If hesitation is your problem one thing that might help is while you practice your chords or scale after doing somemany times slowly but accurately try doing it a couple of times with your eyes closed. Try to invision your guitar and the frets you want to hold the strings down in and then try to jump to it. Do this slowly but try not to put alot of thought into it as you do it. Invision it and then move your fingers to it dont think about nothing else.

As far as some strings not making sound or being muffled while you play chords this caused by touching those strings with your finger. Make sure you hold the strings down with your finger tips. remember it gets better with time. a few months from now youll be thinkink I cant believe I had problems with that.

Go to a guitar store and buy a begginers book for chords it should explain to you were to place your fingers and start you off with the right chords. And if for some reason you cant do that then go to shareware and type in guitar on the search engine and that should take you to downloads for chords.

The number system you spoke of is called tablature or most commonly known as tabs. in short the numbers represent what fret you place your fingers in. Try these chord out for starters.

C chord
e_____________ x= dont strum this string
b__1__________
g_____________ Make sure to use your pointer finger in the
d______2______ first fret. middle finger in second fret
a__________3__ and what ever the fingers called next to
e______x______ you pinkey in the third fret.

G Chord

e_________3___
b_________3___ use your middle finger on top string 3rd
g_____________ fret, pointer finger in 2nd fret, on the
d_____________ (B) string third fret use your third finger
a______2______ and on the bottom string 3rd fret use your
e_________3___ pinkey.

D chord

e____2_______
b_______3____ Middle finger-bottom string
g____2_______ pointer finger 3rd string 2nd fret
d____________ 3rd finger 2nd string 3rd fret
a_____x______
e_____x______ X= dont hit string

A chord

e____________
b_____2______ 3rd finger second string
g_____2______ pointer finger 3rd string
d_____2______ middle finger 4th string all in 2nd fret
a____________ X= dont hit this string
e_____x______

E7 chord

e____________
b____________ middle finger 2nd fret 5th string
g_1__________ pointer finger 1st fret 3rd string
d____________
a____2_______
e____________

Hope this helps!

two wrongs dont make a right but three lefts do.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.