the pinky problesm

orgasmatrone
orgasmatrone
09/14/2001 1:14 am
The pinky again
The problem is that I knew that for achieving good left hand technique u must only move the finger that u have to move in order to fret a new note while the others remin in their place is that correct ? I tried to apply that much but I found that the pinky conflicts with the ring finger (left hand) that means in some cases I have to pull my ring finger away then fet a note with my pinky and here is the problem which is I cant pull my ring finger away enough space to allow the pincky to fret the ring finger always tend to go towards the fingerboard while I try to pull it to go down with the pinky into the fingerboard that bad habit increases specialy when the index and middle finger remain in their place for example if I tried to play those compinations (1-3-2-4) or (2- 4-1-3) in these two cases u have to left your ring finger in order to fret with the pinky while the rest of your fingers remains these compinations is very hard very hard to me do anyone can help me I see all the normal guitarists do anything with their figers very easy u don’t know how much my pinky limits my playing .
I tried exercises to promote finger independence and the result is a pain in my pinky knuckles so is it impossible to solve please advise me.

Anees
# 1
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
09/14/2001 5:56 pm
The only way is excercing and practice.

The problem usually I find is that the harder you try the harder it gets and the more frustrated you get and worse you feel.

Play what you can do without problems then have 10 minutes practice with the difficult pinky problem.

Then play something you find easy again.

By doing this you start out feeling good as you play, then you practice the hard stuff and feel a little frustrated and then you finish again feeling good about the last peice.

Then rest, have a drink and a little time to unwind then after about 10 minutes begin again.

Try noy to over practice at first and try not to let it eat you up.

This is how I have over the years overcome those parts and tricks I struggled with.

Never beat yourself up over what you have not yet acheived
but instead think how far you have come and what you have acheived sor far, this may be waht is needed.

I hope this is of use, frustration can be our worst enemy.
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.