Frank Iero and Ray Toro, the guitarists of My Chemical Romance, have used a variety of effects and gear throughout their careers to create their distinctive sounds. While their equipment and setups may have evolved over the years, here's a general overview of some of the effects and gear they have been known to use:
- Guitars: Frank Iero has played various guitars, including Gibson Les Paul Juniors and Fender Telecasters.
- Amps: He has used different amps, including Marshall JCM800 and Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier models.
- Effects: Frank has employed a range of effects, but his setup has often included distortion pedals like the Boss DS-1 and Boss DS-2, as well as modulation effects like the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb.
- Guitars: Ray Toro has used a variety of guitars, including Gibson Les Pauls, Fender Stratocasters, and Gibson ES-335 models.
- Amps: He's known for using Marshall JCM800 and Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier amplifiers.
- Effects: Ray's pedalboard has featured effects like delay pedals (e.g., Boss DD-3 Digital Delay), modulation effects (e.g., Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble), and wah pedals (e.g., Dunlop Cry Baby).
Please note that musicians often experiment with different gear and effects to achieve their desired tones, and their setups may change from album to album or tour to tour. Additionally, their choices can be influenced by personal preferences and evolving musical styles.
To get a more detailed and up-to-date list of their equipment and effects, you might want to check out interviews, gear rundowns, or fan forums where fellow fans discuss their gear choices. Additionally, some artists and their equipment are featured in guitar magazines or on specialized gear websites, providing insights into their setups.