The best concert you been to????

silentmusic
silentmusic
10/04/2005 8:54 am
Originally Posted by: sigment fruedisn't Steve Vai playing in Ireland that day?

I can't wit for it either, I'm goning to the ireland one, the best gig I ever was at would have to be maiden, and masion.

Hey im going to the Ireland one too and its on the 26th of this month :D
Akira says;
"i was expecting some 3476 string string skipping with some 23489172343 octave sweeps and some alt picking runs at 345734237623572bpm in 234872364781246164516th notes across your 2384723648724627348623478264 fret guitar"
# 1
bababooe316
bababooe316
10/07/2005 12:20 am
"when you go home you can tell your friends, i was there, you werent, you blew it" - george thorogood and the destroyers 08/11/05

guy in the crowd yelling throughout the show "madison blues! madison blues!"
george says ok well do it and if we do it poorly you can keep talking but if we do it great, like we will, you have to shut the **** up.

after the song is over george says to the guy "dont **** with me man" :cool:
# 2
arska007
arska007
10/13/2005 12:59 pm
BLACK ****ing SABBATH!!!! i saw it this summer live for the first time and it as awesome!!! :D
"I am the lizard king, i can do anything!"-The Doors
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
10/13/2005 2:52 pm
Oh man.... Best show... I can't even think straight... Lets see... GnR and Metallica in 1992 when I was 9 years old... that was my first concert. My big brother took me... It would have been a million times better if I were the age I am now though... I've seen Dave Matthews 11 times... Every show except this years was absolutly amazing. Been to Ozzfest... it was okay... Sabbath didn't even play... But I saw Zakk Wylde thats all I wanted to see. Saw Metallica last summer when Godsmack opened for them. It was an awesome show... Seen Incubus. They put on one hell of a show, and suprisingly have good moshpits... Breaking Benjamin was good, Shinedown was good, Seether and Evanesence was awesome... I've also seen Jack Johnson 3 times... and one time he was with Ben Harper... that was f'n awesome. I saw Robert Plant and Jerry Cantrell in the same weekend on back to back nights at the House of Blues in Chicago... I also saw Steve Vai and Eric Sardinas at the House of Blues in Chicago... Sardinas was awwwwwesome, and Vai will blow you away. I would have to say.... that THE best concert I have been to... would have to have been Dave Matthews Band in 1998... I saw them at Deer Creek... now known as Verizon Wireless Center in Noblesville, IN.... It was pouring down rain and they almost cancelled the show.... Dave came out and played a song called "J.T.R." by himself when he wasn't suppose to... In the chorus it says "Rain, Rain, Rain down on me" and so on. The crowd went nuts and the rest of the band came on and played one of the best shows they have ever played.... it was great. That comes in first very slightly ahead of the GnR/Metallica tour... with special guest Faith No More. Just because I can't really remember everything about it and I was too young to fully enjoy it. But I got a t-shirt from it still to this day. haha.
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/13/2005 4:19 pm
Originally Posted by: arska007BLACK ****ing SABBATH!!!! i saw it this summer live for the first time and it as awesome!!! :D

Well then I guess you saw it after Iron Maiden left the tour...otherwise you'd be saying "Iron ****ing Maiden," right?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
hann1bal
hann1bal
10/15/2005 6:33 am
Well I'm into energy and having fun at shows. Therefore the best ever to me was Pantera/WhiteZombie a while back.

honorable mentions:
Jagermeister two yrs ago w/ hatebreed, Arch enemy, and Slayer (=not a crowd, just one big mosh pit)
Black album tour:Fight, Suicidal Tendencies, and Metallica (the previous metallica that is)

More recently:
Soulfly-hope to see em' again this week!
Cannable Corpse w/ Hypocrisy
Superjoint Ritual (nuts...chicks stage diving topless into one gigantic pit)

Hope to see soon: Lamb of God, Maiden, Shadows Fall, Malmsteen, Slipknot, Chamira
# 6
secex71137
secex71137
01/18/2021 4:02 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdHmmm...prolly Pantera with Anthrax. Although spending New Year's Eve 2000 with ZZ Top here in Houston was quite an experience too. But like was already mentioned...so was that last Rush tour, they were flawless. But I've had fun at practically every concert I've been too, like a free Kenny Wayne Shepherd show down on the beach in Galveston. Maybe one of the most obscure concerts of note would be Leo Kottke. [br]As far as disappointments, the only ones that come to mind are Black Sabbath, and another particular ZZ Top show in the Astrodome (just cuz that place doesn't have very good acoustics).

Yes, that was great concert!

# 7
bbriant
bbriant
01/19/2021 7:32 am

Worst Framtons Camel at Fulham greyhound we thought they were tuning up for about twenty minutes.

There was a balcony that overlooked the stage.

in those days you expressed your dissapontment by throwing things.

Upshot was police were called and we were given how money back,

# 8
Gilbyesk
Full Access
Gilbyesk
Full Access
01/20/2021 4:42 am

Blind Melon. They were back up for pearl Jam and Neil Young concert and they blew me away. All I knew at the time was "No Rain" which was just ok however the rest of their music is very different. RIP Shannon Hoon!

# 9
The Nameless Ghuleh
The Nameless Ghuleh
02/24/2021 3:43 am

That's a tough one. Ministry immediately comes to mind for the experience more than the music, although their set was great. I should have known what I was getting into when the chicken wire was put up on the stage. I was right up front when they started. I came out of the pit at the end of their set with a good chunk of hair missing, ruined shoes from being stomped, and wearing a mixture of sweat and blood of unknown origins. That was awesome.

For the music alone, The Lovin' Feelings concert I went to when I was about 8 years old is up there. The Crickets, Paul Revere and The Raiders, Johnny Rivers, Don McLean, and a bunch of others performed. [br][br]

I have had a few dreams realized over the years. Got to see Chris Cornell, The Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, Foo Fighters, Blind Guardian, Gorillaz, Meat Beat Manifesto, Nobuo Uematsu, Devo (twice). I would highly recommend seeing The Octopus Project, Russian Circles, The Invincible Czars, and Dethklok live as well. I would love to see King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Run The Jewels, and (especially) Ghost perform (if live shows ever become a thing again where I'm at.)

# 10
ScottDVV62
Full Access
ScottDVV62
Full Access
03/21/2021 5:44 pm

I saw Santana in the mid 90s at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles and was quite satified with the performance. I also attended the Florida Jam in Tampa, Florida in 1975 and saw Kiss, War, ZZ Top, and others. Now that was a party.

# 11
martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
06/12/2021 2:15 pm

I'm not crazy about big arena rock shows, so I haven't seen a lot of the big-name bands that other folks have. Never saw the Stones, etc. - I did catch the Who in their first "Farewell" tour in 1982.

Most of the shows I really remember were in smaller venues. Robyn Hitchock/Billy Bragg - no band, just the two of them solo, in turn, with their guitar playing bits and pieces of their respective catalogs. A ridiculously loud Jesus Lizard show at the 40 Wat Club in Athens, GA in the early 90s. I still have tinitus in my left ear from that. The best gig ever from a guitar player perspective was Bill Kirchen in a tiny bar in Asheville, NC in about 2008 or so?

But for just most memorable - I saw Alejandro Escovedo play maybe a half-dozen song set with his band, all acoustic, on the sidewalk in front of Criminal Records in Little Five Points, Atlanta, in maybe '96 or '97? That one ranks way up there in my memory. Probably 30 people total showed up. I also saw him later that night in a packed bar which was also great. And did nothing to improve my tinitus . . .

=Keith

# 12
martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
06/13/2021 3:15 pm
Originally Posted by: Raskolnikov
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709I'll be seeing Children of Bodom and Trivium together in november. :D
[br][br]Honorable mentions: Primus, Clutch, Artimus Pyledriver, Hank Williams III, Five Horse Johnson, Stinking Lizaveta, Fishbone, The Aquabats, and Blues Traveler.

I've seen Fishbone three times and they never fail to deliver. Which is pretty remarkable given their history.

=Keith

# 13
craigbrown1805
Full Access
craigbrown1805
Full Access
06/22/2021 7:58 pm

I think the best, most exciting gig I went to was Nirvana at Calton Studios, Edinburgh '91. Just a few months after Nevermind was released, shortly before they shot to the top of the tree, the place was a swear, ear-zapping chaos. Band were on top of their game that night, you can actually hear it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHgDLage7vU&ab_channel=biffevanabiffevana

I think the ticket cost me a grand total of £7.50 plus booking fee (£7.50, I reckon)

As with all these things, a recording doesn't quite get you to the full thwack, but it still transports me back to that night.

Other honourable mentions: Jane's Addiction, Barrowlands '91 - famously, Perry had shaved off his dreadlocks the night before the gig - - just a titanic set; FFS (Sparks and Franz Ferdinand) at Glasgow School of Art (the walls were running with sweat by the end) and the Blur reunion at T in the Park 2009 - memorable in part because Graham Coxon was almost a no-show after getting food poisoning, but appeared at the last minute, haggard and pale, to play up a storm.

# 14
SamboSoul
SamboSoul
06/24/2021 4:03 am

Bon Jovi @Essen, Germany 12th August 2000. First Germany concert after their long 4 year break. It was a hot sunny day, my sister and I been waiting in front of the stadium since the early morning hours. Managed to secure a spot very close to the stage.

Embrace every challenge you have, every person you meet, every place you visit, every task you succeed at, and especially those at which you fail. You will learn from them all. You'll learn about the world at large and about other people but most important, you'll learn about yourself.

# 15
deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
07/18/2021 5:32 pm

I love these "Best concert" threads. :)

Peter Frampton - twice. First time not long after Frampton Comes Alive had been out. He was great. I was 14 years old. Second time - roll the clock ahead 40 something years. The Farewell Finale Tour. Sept 2019 in Houston. Even better.

Skid Row/Pantera - Pantera opened up for Skid Row. Pantera kicked Skid Row's ass.

Kiss

Lollapalooza 94 - all day show with some great bands. The Beasty Boys were great. As were George Clinton and the PFunk All Stars.

Judas Priest/Megadeth/Testament

Rush - totally awesome.

Deep Purple - Great show

Night Ranger - Good times

Foghat - Hell yeah!

Jeff Healy

Hank Williams Jr. - He was great!

I could go on and on.

# 16
sixgearz
sixgearz
01/17/2022 3:23 am

Bob Seger and Earth Wind and Fire.

# 17
GordonAll
Full Access
GordonAll
Full Access
01/18/2022 1:03 pm

B. B. King, Glasgow Jazz Festival 1991.

# 18
guigarp2
guigarp2
05/24/2022 9:51 am

Nice posts!

I have seen some gigant bands and got some disapointed in many cases. By the moment, the best concerts i have seen are:

Agent Fresco (astonishing)

Leprous

Berri Txarrak

Maybe my criteria will change soon as i will be watching Red Hot Chili Peppers with Frusciante in 10 days!

# 19
maafkari4
maafkari4
06/06/2022 1:29 pm

Saw Muse in 2003, they put on an amazing show. Bad Religion in '04; best thing about that was the crowd, it was mental.

https://get-mobdro.com/

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.