View post (PRS vs. Gibson revisited)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/14/2005 7:04 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs I think what is going on is, gibson les pauls have always been used by famous bands and artists, and it wants to continue to be used by them, but PRS could start stealing the glory, and in another 20 or 30 years, PRS could have the legacy that gibsons have right now, while gibson is forgotten about.
just my opinions

The reason for this is PRS Singlecut > Gibson Les Paul :D j/k, they're both great guitars.

But seriously, you don't buy a PRS Singlecut expecting it to sound like a Les Paul, because it doesn't, and vise versa. They have very different tonal characteristics. Key contributors here are the types of woods used, thickness's of the woods, the neck scale length (actually a big tone contributor), pickups, electronic components used, and the hardware, i.e. the bridge, tuners, nut, and frets. All of which are diffferent between the two guitars. Even the control layout is different. What I'm getting at, is they are two completely different guitars. The only similarity between the two are the body shapes. Even the body contours/carves are different.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<