View post (Jimi Hendrix Tribute)

View thread

Fender Man
Fender Man
03/27/2001 2:32 am
I just want to take a moment to pay tribute to one of my heros. Feel free to add anything. Andy Aledort said, "Jimi Hendrix-he's the guy that took a plain old Fender Stratocaster and turned it into a sonic surfboard, a ferocious assault weapon, an instrument of unparalleled beauty, a rocketship chartered on a jouney beyond the unknown. With burning intensity and boundless creativity, Hendrix gathered a vast spectrum of guitar styles-- blues, jazz R&B, soul and rock 'n' roll--and twisted them together to create a sound and style that was truly revolutionary. In rock guitar, there are but two eras--Before Hendrix and after Hendrix. When Jimi came along, he knocked the music world completely out of its orbit and forever rewrote the book on both guitar and contempory music. He remains, without quesstion, one of the most influetial musicians that has ever lived." Personally. I think that says a lot. In another book Aledort also said, "Jimi Hendrix is by all estimations the ultimate guitar hero. He was a true innovator of legendary proportion, a multi-faceted artist who prodigious contribution forever changed the face of modern music." Hendrix (and my dad)was the reason I wanted to play guitar. When I heard Voodoo Chile (slight return) it was amazing. But I think I've said enough, I'll let you people say something.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix